Whether you are having a wedding, corporate event, birthday party etc. it is very important to choose the right type of entertainment. After all, the music of your event will set the tone and mood for the experience you want to create.
Here are a few tips to keep you on track and ensure your event is a success.
1. Consider your theme. Don't allow it to hold you bondage, but it is important that your entertainment lines up with the theme of the event. Music will communicate the tone. Themed music illustrated improperly will bore and tire down an audience. You may have a "dreamy" theme, but dreamy music will have to be communicated in a way that creates energy. If you want your audience to dance, most people will want to listen to the top charting hits. Popular upbeat songs.
2. Know your audience. Know what they're into. Does your event cater to young millennials, college students, wholesome, gritty, etc.? Consider a cocktail party that will need an acoustic band or jazz pianist. A creative young clientele, might be into edgier music. An older clientele may go for a cover band that performs top hits from the 70-80s.
3. Know what kind of bands will work with your budget. NP Article Band prides itself on making it work for the client and suggesting the type of entertainment and band that will fit its audience and performance needs. If you need a dance floor you will want a band to perform many upbeat dance hits. However, if your budget doesn't allow for a full band an acoustic set with other technologically savvy music tools to create a full sound.
4. Avoid norms just because it's the norm. Look for the unexpected. A celebrity musician may be the hit you need for your event. Indie bands are also largely popular in the Southeast and are usually accompanied by artists that have performed with celebrity acts. The key is to make sure that the unknown performs to your needs.
5. Ask your audience. If you are afforded this opportunity, do not be afraid to get input from your audience. Seek advice through social media or any platform that is a common congregational area for your audience. This is also a great way to get your audience pumped up about the event.
I hope the listed tips will help make your event a success. Please don't hesitate to comment below with any questions, comments or suggestions.